The Professional Profile of TAMINANG Search
TAMINANG Search; a genuine gentleman with a unique intrinsic and unbridled leadership drive. His yearning desire to purposefully-position the African youth on the rails, and catapult them to the highest height possible cannot be over-emphasized. He is an ardent proponent of the credo that Africa can only emerge thanks to Africans, and such responsibility lies on the shoulders of the 21st century African youth. Thus, he combines social entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship trainings as an indispensable tool towards realizing the afore-cited goal.
Who is TAMINANG Search?
TAMINANG Search is an award-winning Cameroonian-based social entrepreneur, civic leader, transformative writer, global mentor with the Mentor African Project (MAP), and an expert in entrepreneurship & business development. He is the founder and Executive Director of Go-Africa Initiative Cameroon (GAICAM) — a leading nongovernmental organization in Cameroon, which has since 2013 impacted the lives of over 15,000 young Cameroonians via its entrepreneurial training programmes, Annual Fellowships, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, children support programmes, school clubs, and a lot more.
Taminang Search is the Founder and Executive President of TENSO (Taminang Entrepreneurship Solutions); an advanced Business support program, established to serve as reference training, mentoring, funding, and monitoring institution, while equally providing businesses with skilled personnel who can help drive their growth. We offer an opportunity for young people who seek to convert their ideas into visible businesses, to receive tailored training to help them drive their course, as well as help businesses effectively manage their scarce resources, while boosting their productivity and enhancing their growth potential.
Taminang Search is the Founder and Managing Director of the Cameroon Heroes Award, an annual Impact Award ceremony organized and spearheaded by Go-Africa Initiative Cameroon (GAICAM) and partners to; Identify, Recognize, Encourage, Promote and Honor remarkable Individuals, Organizations, Associations, Public Institutions, And Corporate Structures who are championing extraordinary initiatives that have significantly contributed to the social, economic, and cultural development of their communities and Cameroon at large. It is designed to share the untold stories of these remarkable individuals and corporate entities, while projecting how they are giving back and changing lives in their communities towards national growth and development.
His professional objective is geared towards developing an efficient entrepreneurship model that would ease job creation and contribute to policy development regarding the reduction of youth unemployment, community crime wave, youth migration, and the promotion of sustainable peace in Africa.
TAMINANG Search trains and equips young Cameroonians from diverse backgrounds with sustainable entrepreneurial competences, to enable them become productive, industrious, proactive, and resourceful to their various communities, as well as serve as pavements to the growth of their communities. He equally trains, coaches and mentors Young Leaders, Corporate Administrators, aspirant entrepreneurs, and startup businesses. He helps businesses maximise profit, and young people to live their dreams. His professional coaching and mentoring services has helped many businesses build attractive business portfolios, while reviving other dying businesses.
On the 13th of December, 2018, he was profiled amongst the 100 Personalities Inspiring Young Cameroonians by INSPIRE 237 Magazine of YES Cameroon, and earlier in 2019, he was equally profiled as one of the 2018, 50 Most Influential Young Cameroonians in the category of Personal Development & Academia, by Avance Media and partners. In late 2019, he was profiled among 10 top African Entrepreneurs of the year by an African American blogger, www.tonyansah.com
Since 2016, TAMINANG Search has designed, negotiated, coordinated, and successfully organized the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th editions of the GAICAM Annual Leadership and Entrepreneurial Fellowship, which has so far been the biggest fellowship in Cameroon, and now have been upgraded to an international fellowship. . This fellowship has so far helped in creating many startup businesses in Cameroon — creating job opportunities for youths, thus promoting economic growth to end poverty, reduce crime wave and promote sustainable peace.
As a transformative writer and author, TAMINANG has five (05) transformative books to his credit, viz: (1). The PASSWORD to Entrepreneurship, (2). The PASSWORD to a Purpose Driven Job Search, (3). The Secret of Writing & Passing Exams, (4). The Truth Why People Cheat in Relationships, and (5) Common Mistakes Ladies Make Which Affect Their Relationships.
Taminang Search planned and coordinated the 2019 national Business & Entrepreneurship Summit, tagged; NABES2019, one of the biggest gatherings of business experts, entrepreneurs, investors, industry leaders, professionals, and other stakeholders from across Cameroon, organized by GAICAM, in partnership with TENSO (Taminang Entrepreneurship Solutions), under the theme; “A Crusade for Building Sustainable Business Ventures in Cameroon.”
During the 2014/2015 academic year, TAMINANG Search negotiated, coordinated and delivered academic presentations in over one hundred and thirty-seven (137) secondary and high schools in both the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon.
He has since 2016, offered seasoned professional trainings in over 100 seminars, conferences, and workshops in both universities & professional settings, all geared towards youth empowerment and business sustainability for a better Cameroon and Africa at large.
TAMINANG Search is one of the few Africans who believes in the African dream, and will do whatever it takes to empower more young Africans so they can be resourceful to the mother continent of Africa
What Fuels TAMINANG Search Passion ?
His conviction has always been that every strong and vibrant nation in modern history, was built by visionaries whose patriotic hearts drove them to think beyond the confines of their own very survival – few men and women who challenged the normal status quo and focused their energy and passion on their creative and innovative abilities to create businesses and enterprises i.e. individuals who challenged themselves to find solutions to societal problems and built a solid foundation for the growth of their nations.
‘Those are the type of men and women I am so passionately training: young people I believe will work…until their nations attain emergence i.e. those who will make themselves available to serve as pavements to the emergence of their nations and…Africa’, TAMINANG asserts.
TAMINANG Search is truly an exceptional leader and an inspiration to many young Africans who hope to brave the odds to build their African dream.
TAMINANG cherishes empowering young people, writing, and reading.
“No one was born a failure in life. Many only fail in their endeavors because they lack clarity about what they really want to become in life. They spend their whole life struggling to be like others, with no clear purpose guiding their thoughts and actions”
“Your true purpose in life will only be attained if you have a clear vision guiding your course. If you don’t see it clearly from within, it cannot be manifested in reality. You must conceive and believe in your vision before working hard to attain it. You need to have a clear image of what you want to become, an image which breaks the barriers of limited thinking’’
‘Success is the result of an intentional commitment to your course; there are no two ways about it. You can’t eat your cake and have it. To achieve your aspirations, you must discipline yourself, while working hard & committed to that which you desire.”
“Don’t be afraid to fail; for failure is a learning phase to your course. Be confident in your course, and never give up no matter what. In case you experience failure, don’t relent your efforts; get yourself up, dust yourself off and keep pursuing your vision.”
“Patience is a virtue, and an indispensable quality which everyone needs to make their dreams comes true. The problem is not that young people don’t try, but rather, they don’t exercise the much needed patience to learn the different episodes of their aspirations. They don’t take time to work and build their ships before setting out to sail. Take your time to learn and appreciate the different phases of their aspirations.”
‘The ongoing Anglophone crisis has greatly impaired our activities, though we are now improvising our strategies for better results’, TAMINANG regrets.
‘Furthermore, one of the challenges we face…is that of securing long term financial and resource-based partners to sponsor or invest in the young people we train through our training programmes, like the TENSO, he revealed.
‘We train lots of young people with great ideas, but most of them lack the means of launching those ideas into visible businesses/projects. I am currently seeking for investors to invest in our TENSO FUND, so we can sponsor the thousands of great business ideas to be groomed from TENSO-ASP’, TAMINANG divulged.
Fun moments with other youths positively-imparted by TAMINANG during an Annual Women’s Empowerment Conference in 2018
- Taminang Search has years of working experience as a hotelier, after graduating with a Diploma in Hotel Catering and Small Business Management from the Cameroon International Opportunities Industrialization Center (CIOIC) Buea in 2005 – 2007. As a trained hotelier, he worked with La Doual’Air – Douala International Airport, Palm Beach Hotel Kribi, , BELLA Restaurant Limbe in partnership with Chanter naval, Prime Caterers Buea, and a lot more of other services establishments.
- TAMINANG Search was National President of the Muokang Development & Cultural Association (MUDECA) from the 19/03/16 – 24/03/2018 (managing eight (8) national branches, including one international branch in the USA). While serving in this capacity, he organized two national congresses and raised more than 10,000,000 FCFA (i.e. $20,000 or £10,000) for developmental projects, and with over 2,000 members. Before becoming the president, he served as Chairman of MUDECA Buea Branch Fund Raising Organizing Committee and Vice Chairman of the MUDECA National Convention Organizing Committee in early and late 2015 respectively.
- TAMINANG founded and coordinated the Muokang No Child Left Behind Educational project from 2012 to 2015, which sponsored over 28 orphans and needy children in schools, before the ongoing Anglophone crisis began and disrupted the scheme in late 2016.
- As member of the network of Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), he is one of the few who have organized YALI Learns Events in Cameroon, training over 30 young Cameroonians.
- While as a student in the University of Buea, he founded the Students Update Service, which was a communication services, designed to defuse tension on campus and in the student community resulting from fake news, which had in most cases provoked strike actions on campus, and paralyzed studies. The service was greatly applauded by the school administration for helping to keep calm in the student community.
- Likewise, TAMINANG Search served as the former Public Relations Officer of the University of Buea Accounting Association (UBAA) from 2012 – 2013. In his second year as a varsity youth, his hard work earned him the position of the Vice President of the association for the 2013 – 2014 academic year, and later he became the president of that same association in July 2014. TAMINANG is the first former president of a students’ association in the University of Buea to negotiate and visit the Embassy of the United States of America in Cameroon, with students from the University of Buea.
- While in secondary school, and serving as the Senior Prefect, he founded the Fako Chapter of Students’ Administration (FACSA) where he was voted president with over 380 delegates from over 15 secondary schools in Fako; created to serve students interest; lobbing for better study conditions for the students, as well as serving as a learning platform through which many students could easily connect with role models and professionals.